Why is this an important health issue in Eau Claire?
Unhealthy familial, peer, or dating relationships may serve as risk factors for a variety of harmful health issues including violence, injury, risky sexual behaviors, absence of social support that can contribute to mental health effects, and more. Positive, healthy teen dating and peer relationships have many benefits for youth, and healthy adult relationships benefit entire communities. Healthy relationships positively impact all people.
Healthy Relationship Promotion Action Team
The Healthy Relationship Promotion Action Team encourages Eau Claire residents, adults, and adolescents, to cultivate strong, healthy relationships in order to develop engaged citizens and safer communities.
Goals and Objectives: 2021-2024
Currently, the Healthy Relationship Promotion Action Team has set one goal and three objectives to achieve it:
Goals and objectives are developed based on root cause analysis, current evidence, state and national plans, and community input, assets, and readiness. More information on this process can be found in Eau Claire County’s Community Health Assessment and Community Health Improvement Plan.
The Healthy Relationship Promotion Action Team is working on the following projects to encourage a culture of healthy relationships for all:
- Continuing Safe Dates program and other evidence-based healthy relationship promotion programs for community youth.
- Updating and sharing healthy relationship resource toolkit for youth, youth-serving professionals, and priority populations.
- Supporting social and emotional instruction in schools.
- Engaging and empowering LGBTQ youth, BIPOC youth, and/or disabled youth around healthy relationships and sexual violence prevention.
Coming soon! Action plans with current goals, objectives, and ongoing work will be available here.
Our action teams strive to connect our community members with the resources that they need to maintain or improve their health. Visit our Local Resources page to get connected with our community’s resources.
- Developed and distributed Healthy Relationship Toolkit to increase youth-serving professionals’ knowledge, awareness, and comfort with finding and providing information about relationships with youth.
- Continued to grow and expand evidence-based “Safe Dates” programming for youth in the community.
For a full list of accomplishments over the course of 2021-2024 for healthy relationship promotion and all of our community’s health priorities, please see the final pages of Eau Claire County’s Community Health Improvement Plan.
Do you want to help the Healthy Relationship Promotion Action Team develop healthy communities? Click here to get involved.